Hurdle is a mental health tech startup for invisible barriers.
We are Hurdle.
Hurdle is a digital platform revolutionizing mental health care by providing services with a focus on culturally intentional mental healthcare for people of color. Only one in three Black Americans who need mental health care receives it. Hurdle is working to break down the barriers to mental health care for people of color to create an equitable behavioral health service with culturally responsive care and resources.
We are here to help.
We are rapidly expanding and on a mission to be in every state by end 2023. Our services are provided via teletherapy. At Hurdle, we have built a custom training program to help therapists thoroughly examine and address the unique experiences that ethnic minorities encounter on a daily basis. We offer paid mandatory training as well as provide ongoing consultation and professional development to all of our therapists. We facilitate and pay for credentialing with our major in-network payors.
Benefits of joining the Hurdle Community.
- Sense of Community
- A community of committed therapists that learn and grow together
- Professional Development
- Access to exclusive clinical training and CEUs.
- Manage your schedule and be compensated fairly for your time.
- Administrative Ease
- All you must do is your part–– provide care, keep quality clinical notes, and we will do the rest.
Education & Qualifications:
- Fully independently licensed clinicians/therapists in their professional discipline (single or multiple).
- If you are an intern or require supervision to provide therapy services, you cannot be a provider at Hurdle at this time. However, if you are interested in joining our In-Community network, a peer-to-peer community of mental healthcare providers dedicated to culturally intentional care with early access to research and thought leaders, please reach out to us!
- Multi-state licensure preferred.
- Experience treating adults, adolescents, couples, and families, strongly preferred.
- Experience completing various intake forms and basic clinical assessment screening tools (PHQ-9, GAD-7, etc.)
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) input.
- Prior training in CBT and trauma-informed treatment, preferred.
- Prior telehealth experience, preferred.
- Malpractice Insurance required.
- A commitment of no less than 8 hours per week is required.
- A commitment to learning and enacting cultural-comprehensive care is required.
- Facilitate individual therapy sessions (experience with couples, family, group therapy a plus!).
- Complete necessary clinical and administrative forms in a timely manner and in compliance with the Privacy Act (intake forms, EMR input, etc.)
- Participate in consultations, wellness calls, and community meetings with fellow therapists.
- Attend and participate in bi-monthly trainings/check-ins with the Director of Clinical Care.
- Complete progress notes and treatment plans (when needed) within 48 hours of scheduled sessions.
- Contact primary care physicians, psychiatrists, and other specialists to request patient medical record information, and/or make notification of therapeutic involvement for the coordination of care, as allowed via patient release.
- Complete relevant training including Hurdle’s onboarding and training program. The training is divided into two parts: self-directed learning modules and one live virtual training.